Keeping up with Baby...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Saturday at Home

I stayed home all day today (no shopping, which is my usual Saturday activity!) and this is what I accomplished: 

I made chicken casserole (4 individual servings) to have for dinner later in the week. It is so easy, but it is one of my all time favorite foods! Basically it is cooked chicken (I use boneless, skinless chicken breasts tenders), corn tortillas, cream of chicken soup and Ro-tel, topped with shredded cheese. 

I also made some chili that we can heat up sometime this week too. If something isn't easy to make after work, we end up just snacking on junk or resorting to a frozen pasta bag. Which is ok occasionally, but maybe this extra work on the weekend will pay off during the week. 

What's next after all that? Dessert of course! I'm constantly impressed with the cupcakes I see on other blogs, so with the help of a store bought mix and a chocolate frosting recipe from Jen over at A Thousand Words, I made these: 

Jen had also posted a video with tips on how to frost cupcakes and what type of tip to use. Mine don't even begin to compare to hers, but I think they look pretty good for a first try! I added a little dusting of powdered sugar to help disguise all the imperfections. I can say with certainty, they taste delicious! Thanks Jen for the frosting recipe & how-to help! 

Oh, and I also did laundry and worked on sorting through all our tax documents. And the kitties napped. 


post signature

2 comments:

  1. They look awesome! I love the dusting of powdered sugar. Mmm,now I want cake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't sell yourself short, those look awesome! I've never tried icing cupcakes with any kind of tip...let me say, using a knife doesn't look nearly that pretty. :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...