Keeping up with Baby...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Monday, January 3, 2011

A few of my favorite things...

Here in the first few days of a new year it is easy to get caught up in identifying all of things that we need to do/change/quit/fix/accomplish in the next 360+ days. So, I decided I would take a few minutes each week (or month or quarter or every other day, who knows) to share a few of the ordinary, day-to-day things that I love right now. 

Country Strong Soundtrack
The movie hasn't even come out yet, but I am loving the soundtrack! Gweneth Paltrow is actually really good...who would've guessed? I'm excited to see the movie too (and I'm not a movie person). Country Strong, the title song is my favorite, but the whole album is really good. Ask my Jeep, I sing it on the way to and from work every day! Photo from amazon.  

Scrabble on iPad
Scrabble has been among the top paid iPad apps for a while, but with the $9.99 price tag, I had never tried it.  Until, it went on sale a week or so ago for $.99! Let's just say, I don't know what I did without it. I love it. It is so fun. I usually just play against the computer, but you can also play facebook friends or pass it around to others. It is my version of "reading" before bed. Awesome. Best $.99 ever. Photo from here

Memory Foam Bathmats
We have three of these bathmats in our master bathroom right now. Greg had actually been wanting them for a while, but I thought they were too expensive since we already had rugs and a bath mat that I liked just fine. Thanks to our inability to say no and an endless supply of coupons for Bed Bath & Beyond we finally bought them. They are fabulous. Not only are they as soft & comfy as you would imagine, but they soak up water better than any regular towel-like bath mat ever could. We don't just have one in front of the shower, but also one in front of each of our sinks. We're spoiled princesses, I know. We have chocolate right now, but I'm planning on getting a lighter color for spring. Maybe cream or khaki or teal...or all three!

Strawberry Cheesecake Yogurt
Not a great photo, but oh-so-yummy nonetheless! It sounds impossible, but it really does taste exactly like strawberry cheesecake! I love it. While I would of course love to eat a real cheesecake, the 170 calories in this little Yoplait cup does the trick. I don't just eat it for breakfast, sometimes I save them for a mid-afternoon  treat! (My willpower is no match for my sweet-tooth!) Yummy! 

Sharpie Pens
I admit that I am a geek about pens and writing and fonts. No question. I have the regular Sharpies in all sizes and colors. At home and at work. Seriously. So, it should really mean something when I say that the new Sharpie pens are fantastic. I love them. I won't let people borrow them because I like them so much. Sorry, co-workers. But I have plenty of regular pens you can have, because I likely won't be writing with anything else. They are super fine, which is perfect for regular writing, with the classic Sharpie flow, but they won't bleed though ordinary paper. I make lists with them, I make notes with them, I heart them. I just hope the Sharpie people hurry up and make more colors. I have only found them in the all-too-standard red, blue and black. 

Those are just a few of my favorite things today. I hope you will try them too and let me know what you think!

PS - Husbands & kitty cats are not eligible to be named to my favorite "things" lists. : )   

post signature

1 comment:

  1. I have Scrabble on my ipod, and I love it too. But my screen is so small, I swear I feel cross eyed if I play it too long! :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! Let me know what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...